“I must admit, I was a bit skeptical but intrigued what there was to learn during the PI® classes. After the 2 days of meetings, it felt like a lot of information to absorb or retain. Although, after reviewing the material a couple of times in the last few weeks, much of the class information taught really started to come together and I could not put the reference books down. Even though I realize I am fairly new at giving feedback on an individual’s PI®, the reference manuals made it much easier in analyzing anyone’s PI®.
Even before starting to learn the Predictive Index®, I thought it was very important to build and create a positive working environment. What I learned after conducting a 10 to 15 minute session is that everyone really appreciates being understood. Everyone felt their assessment was very accurate! Each meeting started with apprehension, but ended with appreciation in what you see as their positive behavior descriptors, and what you see that motivates them.
By simply executing the general guidelines of describing their positive behaviors made for a positive working relationship experience. Many of them also indicated how it also described their relations with friends and family outside of work. Each meeting ended with more smiles and questions than I anticipated!
I believe the PI® training is a valuable tool in building effective teams, lowering turnover by putting the right people in the right positions. Also, having an individual being understood helps motivate, creates a better working environment, which in turn increases productivity!”
Wayne Dyjewski, Branch Manager, InTouch Credit Union
What is the Predictive Index®?
R.H. Sweeney Associates uses the Predictive Index® (PI®) to help organizations gain a competitive edge and to empower managers to lead their organizations more effectively. Based on proven behavioral science techniques, the PI® pinpoints behavioral habits that make employees understandable and predictable. It also enables managers to measure an individual’s drives and behaviors to determine how the person would perform in a specific job and interact with others. Available in more than 60 languages, the PI® is used by more than 6,000 large and small businesses around the world.
What is the purpose of PI®?
PI® provides objective, reliable, and valid information to decision makers to assist them in developing motivated, productive organizations of talented people. With PI, managers gain a much clearer understanding of the motivating drives of the individuals they supervise. With this information in hand, managers trained in the PI program can better understand how an individual will respond to and perform his or her job responsibilities. PI provides the tools to position your human capital for success through more effective support and development strategies.
The Predictive Index Management WorkshopTM, in which managers learn to interpret and apply the PI® data to their daily mangerial decisions, is a highly effective, interactive forum for developing key managerial and decision making skills of those participating. The insight gained through PI® is combined with their own expertise and experience to develop managers who are better prepared to provide appropriate and effective leadership to their teams.
How Can The Business Benefit From Using the Predictive Index®?
The information obtained from the PI® can be applied to improve many areas of business, including:
• Teamwork—A successful business depends on strong overall teams, but getting people to work as a team is a tremendous challenge. The PI® can be used to help you put together balanced teams and make sure each player has the skills and training needed to contribute to team success.
• Leadership—In today’s business environment, leaders need to articulate a clear vision and inspire others to follow this course. The Predictive Index® can help identify and develop leaders, enhancing leadership styles and improving communication.
• Management—The best managers are made, not born. With the Predictive Index, managers are better equipped with the insight they need to communicate with employees to get results.
• Job Satisfaction—Since job satisfaction and customer satisfaction are closely entwined, it is more important than ever to have the right person in the right job. PI can help make sure that employee morale and commitment stay high.
• Productivity—Time is money and the company that works most efficiently stands to grow most profitably. With PI®, managers know more about the way people work and how to maximize productivity.
• Recruitment/Selection—Many candidates. One job. PI® can help make sure the right decision is made, reducing costly turnover.
• Strategic Planning—Where is the company headed? How will you get there? Who will drive the initiatives? PI® can show you how to match individual skills and future company needs.
Who should use the PI®?
Organizational executives and key operational leaders are trained by R.H. Sweeney Associates to interpret the results of the PI® in a training workshop conducted by an experienced consultant. Participants are taught how to read and analyze the information provided by the PI® to understand and manage their companies more effectively. The R.H. Sweeney Associates team offers continuing support and consultation to each person who completes the training certification.
How is the PI Administered?
The PI is based on a simple questionnaire that can generally be completed in 10 to 15 minutes. Results are quickly tabulated on site. The specific instructions for administering PI are attached. In general, it is administered in a relatively quiet, comfortable setting. If administered to groups, it should be monitored to assure that each individual completes his or her own form without influence from other people.
Who should be trained in PI and why?
Those managers who have direct responsibility for hiring, developing, motivating and coaching people at all levels of the organization would benefit greatly by using PI. The PI information provides input to those managers that can be used in every decision they make regarding job and organization design, and in the selection, development, coaching, and promoting of individuals.
In addition, the Human Resource professionals who work most closely with the line managers in these decisions would also benefit from the PI information. In this way, those professionals are better able to partner with and support the managers in making those critical decisions. Having both the line managers and HR professionals “reading from the same page” greatly enhances the effectiveness and productivity of the recruitment, selection and development processes.